Membership in the National Honor Society is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed on a middle school student. NJHS is the oldest and most prestigious scholastic society for middle grade students in the United States.
NJHS stands for the goals of scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character, and uses those characteristics as the measure for those students who are invited to become members.
MSA’s chapter is devoted to strong academics; service to our school and our community, and character / leadership development. Moreover, NJHS membership is an outstanding opportunity to develop the habits and standards so important to success in high school, college, and a career. As an NJHS member, you’ll have exclusive access to robust tools and resources:
- Leadership development, motivation, and inspiration gained through their own chapter’s work, at conferences in various locations each year, or at NJHS State Summits
- Access to innovative leadership cultivation and career exploration
- Service projects, both by the chapter and individual, allow members to build teamwork capabilities, hone project management aptitude, and make friends—all valuable life skills
- Unique member-only college admission and planning resources integrating web and social media platforms
- Help with financing college education through the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award, which each year recognizes 500 exceptional NJHS members who best reflect the values of membership with a college savings award